IEC 61850 Sampled Values Output
IEC 61850-9-2/61869-9 SAMPLED VALUES (SV) STREAMING
The GTFPGA Unit significantly increases the number of SV data streams that can be input and output from the RTDS Simulator and can be used in cases when the GTNETx2 card does not provide the desired stream quantity or sample rate.
Each of the 16 swappable fiber or copper ports on the GTFPGA Unit can simultaneously publish and subscribe a single SV stream. In total, each GTFPGA Unit can publish and subscribe up to 16 independently-configurable SV streams.
When used in the main timestep environment:
- Publishes and subscribes to up to 16 streams at a variety of sampling rates
- Supports a maximum of 24 channels per stream for rates of 80 samples/cycle, 4.8 kHz, 96 samples/cycles
- Supports a maximum of 9 channels per stream for rates of 256 samples/cycle and 14.4 kHz
When used in the substep environment:
- Publish-only capabilities at very high sampling rates
- Supports a maximum of 24 channels for up to 2 streams at 96 kHz
- Supports a maximum of 48 channels for a single stream at 250 kHz
GTFPGA Unit-based SV streams can be configured from within the RTDS Simulator’s software.