The Control System Component Library allows customized control systems to be created that can interact with the model power system and/or the outside world. In addition to individual control blocks, some complex controllers have been assembled as composite controls and included in the library (e.g. generator controls).
RTDS Technologies’ simulation experts are continually expanding the component library based on customer requirements and in-house research. Models are developed to expand the application and the efficiency of the simulator. RTDS Technologies continues to work hard to accommodate more components on less hardware. Through this effort, we intend to help our clients make the most of their investment.
The descriptions below are by no means an exhaustive list of the available components, but provide an overview of the base components.
- User-Input: Slider, switch, button, dial.
- Constants: Integer, floating point, utility.
- Data conversion: deg -> rad, int -> float, etc.
- Math functions: exp, log, gain, sqrt, inverse, abs, sum, multiply, divide, fourier transform, integrator, lead-lag, wash-out, etc.
- Trigonometric functions: sin, cos, tan, arcsin, arcos, 3 phase sin, etc.
- Standard control blocks: Deadband, pulse generator, edge detector, time, counter, ramp, limiters, meters, phase-locked loop, flip-flops, etc.
- Logic functions: and, or, nor, bit shift functions, bit -> word, etc.
- Sequencer functions: wait, apply fault, close breaker, etc.
- Generator controls: exciters (IEEE Type 1, AC1, ST1, X1, SCRX, IVO, etc.), governors (IEEE Type 1, European BBGOV1, Gas turbine, steam turbine, hydro turbine, etc.), power system stabilizers (PT1ST1, PSS2A, IEEEST, IEE2ST)